"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: The sun came out to play...!

Monday 21 May 2012

The sun came out to play...!

At long last the sun decided to shine down on us, and after another long day doing "home visits" I decided to go for a spin on my bike in the sun!  What a lovely ride it was too - although a lot of it was spent avoiding many 100's of pot-holes, hens and rabbits with death wishes and idiotic car drivers!  Car drivers fit into two categories from a cyclists point of view, they either a) fly past you so close to you your elbow brushes the side of the car OR b) they follow behind you at a ridiculously slow pace waiting for a personal invitation to overtake!  I experienced both of these tonight - several times! Not wanting to generalize but young people and men usually fit nicely into category A, whilst old people and women fir into category B!! What's wrong with being NORMAL - overtaking at a reasonable speed giving adequate space to the cyclist!!!  I'm a very considerate car driver when I see cyclists and give them space so why can't people give me the same honour? Anyway, sorry rant over ...


I have heard about sheep jumping walls but I have never seen a sheep walking along a wall like I did tonight!!  It was such an unusual sight it made me do a double take!  Perhaps he was practising his balancing skills so he could run away and join the circus before he ended up in the oven...!


I managed 20.75 miles and you can view my ride here,


I expected to see zillons of cyclists out tonight as the weather was so nice but the roads were surprisingly quiet (except for hens, rabbits and idiotic drivers that is!!!) - perhaps after all the rain and cold weather its now too hot for "most" cyclists!!  Hey ho there's no pleasing some folk!


Oh I do hope the summer continues, it makes me feel so much better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment