"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Whatever happened to Mayathon...?

Sunday 13 May 2012

Whatever happened to Mayathon...?

Oh Dear, I promised to walk or jog and blog every day in May but I've failed big time! 


I was successful up to Day 7 then I started to feel ill and a little stressed about the Keswick 2 Barrow Challenge, so I decided to give myself  some recuperation time ... 


However, here's a quick update and its not all bad - I have done the following mileage:


Day 8 Mayathon -    Rest Day
Day 9 Mayathon -     0.77 Mile Walk (every little helps!)
Day 10 Mayathon -   Rest Day
Day 11 Mayathon -   Rest Day
Day 12 Mayathon -   40 Miles Walk (although part run for this challenge I will says its a walk!)
Day 13 Mayathon -   4.52 Miles Walk


Total Mileage to add to my previous total = 45.29 Walking, 0 miles Running!


So May totals are currently: 


86.92/71 Walking miles - smashed my monthly target on this one!
18.19/100 Running Miles - a way to go!


105.11 miles total - 65.89 Remaining!


Today's walk was primarily to view the cyclists taking part in the Fred Whitton Challenge -  a gruelling 112 mile sportive challenge cycle ride! I wanted to see what the riders looked like as I am considering it for a future challenge!   Hummmmmmm, they all looked rather professional, and first person home was in 5 hours 59 minutes, incredible achievement when you consider the elevation's involved too! I would definitely be one of the last if I did participate next year - but does it matter if I do my best and FINISH?!


I will consider it further, and decide when the entry for 2013 opens!

No comments:

Post a Comment