"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Day 8 Juneathon

Friday 8 June 2012

Day 8 Juneathon

Day 8 of Juneathon dawned damp and dismal! I put off running by doing jobs around the house until I caught sight of the weather forecast and it was forecast heavy rain for this afternoon.  That was all the motivation I needed. Now to beat the rain!  I was changed into my running gear before you could say jack flash and was out the door!  I was aiming to do a 5 to 6 mile run and the weather was fairly warm but windy and ever so slightly drizzly.  I would compare it to the misting machines they have at Disney to cool holiday makers down! There seemed to be a lot of traffic around today making crossing of roads slow and frustrating!  I know its half term but they were slowing me down. It didn't feel a very comfortable run and I had to reduce my pace as I started to get pains in the front of my shins!  Is this due to wearing new trainers? I made it home just as the heavens opened and the predicted heavy rain poured down!  PHEW!  A close one and it hasn't stopped since!


I managed an unhappy 5.69 miles which can be viewed here!


Tomorrow I am going to have a well deserved rest from running, maybe just have a short walk instead - on Sunday I am running a 10K event in Morecambe and I want fresh running legs!  My initial goal was a sub 50 minute 10K but I can't see that happening!

Juneathon mileage to date: 


30.80 miles running
7.50 miles cycling
7.60 miles walking
0.60 miles rowing      = 46.50 Juneathon Miles

How does this compare with Day 8 Janathon? I'm ever so slightly up on my Janathon miles where I had a total mileage of 44.72 at this point!


And how am I doing with the challenge 2012 miles in 2012? 


If you count ALL miles I have done 1005 miles to date -  nearly half way with 1007 miles remaining!
If you count Running  and Walking  I have done 841 miles with 1171 remaining!
If you count just running I have done 475 miles with 1537 remaining! 


Just over 6 months to go - I need to get ahead!


BRING IT ON!



No comments:

Post a Comment