"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Day 9 Juneathon WET! WET! WET!

Saturday 9 June 2012

Day 9 Juneathon WET! WET! WET!

I said I was having a day of rest today as I am doing a 10K Race tomorrow and I wanted fairly fresh legs!


However, before I tell you about today's Juneathon activity I have had a breakthrough!  After 20 years of nagging advising my hubby that he needs to move off the sofa once in a while and exercise - it has finally penetrated!  This morning (after a heavy drinking session last night so maybe he was still sozzled!) he announced that he thought we should join the gym at a local hotel - which has a gym, pool and steamroom (pity there is no jacuzzi).  I was up for this especially after my experience during the week with the local swimming pool ...  So whilst he was willing (before he could backtrack) I suggested we go and have a look around and get prices etc.  So before lunch that's exactly what we did! A very nice girl (VERY toned and muscular and skinny!) showed us around the facilities and explained the conditions etc. 

One condition I DID like is no children are allowed in the pool after 4pm!  This is FANTASTIC since I finish working WITH children at 3.30pm and really don't appreciate being bombed by them whilst swimming!  We were told about an introductory "fit in six" offer, which is a six week membership so you can "give it a go" and if you then sign up for the yearly membership after this you only pay 25% of the joining fee!  Hubby was amazingly keen (anything to save money!) and before I knew it we were signed up for the fit in six starting tomorrow! This is fantastic timing as we go on holiday to Turkey 6 weeks on Monday!  I think he has images of having a toned super muscly Baywatch body by then to strut along the beach with! I won't burst his bubble!


Back to todays contribution to Juneathon!  The plan was a short, flat country walk with the dog and husband.  Nothing too strenuous to save my legs for tomorrow.  However, we ended up doing a fairly hilly 4 miler and not only that the heavens opened at 2 miles and we got absolutely drenched! Hey-ho never mind another 4 miles to add to the total!  You can view our walk and photo's HERE!


So tomorrow it's Morecambe 10K in the morning followed by our Gym induction and swim in the afternoon! 


BUSY, BUSY!

It's Saturday night and I'm staying off the alcohol this evening - need to be in prime condition for tomorrow (Haha).

Now where's that Schloer?  






Juneathon mileage to date: 


30.80 miles running
7.50 miles cycling
11.62 miles walking
0.60 miles rowing      = 50.52 Juneathon Miles


Goal = 200+ miles!  I will need to do a minimum 7 miles a day to achieve - best get on my bike!!



No comments:

Post a Comment