"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Juneathon Day 11 - Back to School!

Monday 11 June 2012

Juneathon Day 11 - Back to School!

After a weeks holiday it was back to work for me!  I've got to say after yesterdays exerciseathon I wasn't feeling fresh as a Daisy! However, I survived the day, came home and tackled Mount Ironing before heading off out on my bike. My Marathon training plan states a "recovery activity" for today and I was given the choice of a light cycle, a walk or swimming!  I initially picked cycling but as the weather didn't look too promising (dark and cloudy) I decided not to risk going too far and decided on a 8 mile route. I had done this route the day I got my new road bike just over a year ago!  I thought it would be good to see if I had improved any! Consensus of opinion is I'm still a wimp going downhills and I need to man-up! After saying that I did manage to complete the ride without getting wet and 15 minutes quicker than the last time! So some improvement! You can view my ride here! Once I got home I decided it would be nice to have a swim and steam just to relax a little.  When I first got in the pool I was the only one in for my first 10 lengths - bliss - peace and quiet, then other people came in and spoilt it! HOW RUDE!  I finished up relaxing in the steam room before heading home.


I feel blissfully relaxed and chilled now! 


Ready for action tomorrow!


Today's contribution to the overall Juneathon mileage is:
Cycling: 8.84 miles
Swimming 0.38 miles


and total Juneathon Mileages so far:


Run - 10 activities - 40.1 miles - 6.0 hrs
Swim - 2 activities - 0.5 miles - 1.0 hrs
Bike - 3 activities - 22.5 miles - 1.7 hrs
Walk - 6 activities - 12.4 miles - 4.1 hrs
Rowing - 2 activities - 1.9 miles - 0.3 hrs


Total - 23 activities - 77.4 miles - 13.1 hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment