"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Janathon Day 12 - Tickly Wickly Sneezy Wheezy

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Janathon Day 12 - Tickly Wickly Sneezy Wheezy

Not a good start to the day!  After a bad night sleep, severely disrupted due to sneezing and having a dripping nose I woke up feeling like I had never been to sleep!  I decided to bet that it was Hay fever and took an antihistamine tablet before I went to work!  A bad idea!  Not only did I have a ticky wickly nose now I had a furry tongue and blurry eyes! Not nice!  I spent the day drinking gallons of water but still my mouth felt like a sewer!


After a day at work I got home feeling not 100% and sat with my feet up before making tea! I decided to take the kill or cure approach and went for a short, slow run! Due to my excessive dry mouth I took a drink with me (which I never take on short runs!) and headed out the door!  I had already made the decision to take it slowly but still found it hard work and was delighted I had taken a drink!!  I managed a 4.27 mile run which you can view here and noticed that my Heart Rate was much higher than normal whilst running. I learnt tonight after googling for side effects of antihistamines that they do actually increase the heart rate! Perhaps not the best move to run tonight ... but I survived!


Today's mileage = 4.27 miles Running

Juneathon's total mileages
  • Run - 11 activities - 44.4 mi - 6.7 hrs
  • Swim - 2 activities - 0.5 mi - 1.0 hrs
  • Bike - 3 activities  - 22.5 mi - 1.7 hrs
  • Walk - 6 activities - 12.4 mi - 4.1 hrs
  • Rowing - 2 activities - 1.9 mi - 0.3 hrs
  • Total - 24 activities - 81.6 miles - 13.8 hrs

Tomorrow according to the plan I am supposed to be doing some speed work!  HHHmmmmm we will have to see about that!




No comments:

Post a Comment