"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Blogging Failure!

Saturday 14 July 2012

Blogging Failure!

Another week has gone by! Where have I been?!   


Last Sunday I cycled "The 3 Counties Cycle Challenge" which I blogged about in my challenge tabs above or click here to view! 


Monday was a rest day, Tuesday I ran 5.54 miles, then on Wednesday I went to the gym primarily to do speed intervals on the treadmill!  I find it easier to run faster for longer on the treadmill than I do in the great outdoors! On the treadmill you have to keep on running fast or ... fall off! So at the gym I did the treadmill, cycling, rowing and arm weights before hitting the steam room to relax and then went for a short swim.  On Thursday I went to my usual Pilates class - which I walked to and then ran the 2.38 miles home!  My legs were heavy and uncooperative! Then on Friday I had another rest day before doing my Long run this morning! 


My Marathon training plan says for the next 4 weeks I must increase time on my feet and improve speed! Today's run was to be 16 miles! My furthest distance so far!  I was slightly apprehensive about it as I had been out on a works night out and had drunk one too many wines!  But hey-ho I was going to give it a go! I left armed with Lucozade energy tablets, high five energy gels and water as well as my iPod and headphones! It was a cool fresh dry morning and I felt fine until about mile 10 when I just felt absolutely exhausted not helped by the fact it had started to rain! By this point I had eaten a couple of energy tablets so I resorted to an energy gel (last resort as they aren't my favourite thing!), luckily this seemed to do the trick and I perked up enough to get me home!


I had run 16.19 miles at a 9.18 min/mile pace! That was a faster pace than my last long run of 14 miles! Today's run can be viewed here. Once home I braved a cold shower - only on my legs I'm afraid (not brave enough for an ice bath just yet!) and then I warmed up under a hot shower!


My next long run is 20 miles! EEEKKKKK! 


4 more miles than I ran today! Will I survive?






1 comment:

  1. of course you will survive and if you keep that pace up youll be doing a cracking time in chester

    ReplyDelete