"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Zip wire, Segways and Hills!

Monday 16 July 2012

Zip wire, Segways and Hills!

I woke up on Sunday morning feeling remarkably fresh after my long run on Saturday, which was lucky really as we were having a day out to Dumfries to go on the UK's Longest Zipwire and to go on a Segway tour! The zipwire was disappointing really - it was very long, but after the intial launch which had speed it was remarkably slow! I wouldn't recommend it!  However, the Segways were great fun ... but dangerous! I will blog about these two experiences in more detail on my Bucketlist Blog as these are now both ticked off the list!


According to the bible (Marathon Training plan!) tonight's run was 5 mile hill training - and that's exactly what I did! Luckily by the time I was ready to run the rain had stopped BUT it had turned very muggy and close! I ran to my chosen hill as a warm up and then braced myself for the repeats to come!  I managed 7 climbs followed by cool down descents - perhaps I should find a hill with less people around - I had a feeling tonight the men in white coats were waiting for me! 



In a perverse sort of way I actually enjoyed the challenge of the hill and relished trying to retain a decent pace even after already running up it several times and nearly dying of exhaustion! Hills are our friends and all that! You can view my efforts here! and I did a total of 5.28 miles which I'm pleased with!

2 comments:

  1. Shame about the zip wire. Should you ever find yourself in Peachland BC (unlikely I know) I recommend the zip lines there. You do one of them up-side down. Wheeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to Google it to find out where that is!! It looks a fab place and the zip wires sound good fun! One day I might get there!

      http://fitlesleysbucketlist.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete