"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Last run for 15 days!

Sunday 22 July 2012

Last run for 15 days!

Last night I managed to survive my third night out on the trot ... and for the third night I over indulged! 


My body is a temple and this temple craves alcohol!  All the bad living seems to have caught up on me and I woke feeling decidedly dodgey!  I decided I had two options a) hair of the dog or b) run it off!


Hair of the dog!  Have you heard this saying  before?  What does this mean?  Such a strange saying! Where did it come from? Well, from my research, it seems that it comes from the philosophy that like cures like.  The best cure for something that makes you sick is to have some more of it.  So if you have a hangover from drinking too much, you should drink more of what you drank and hey-presto you will be better! I decided to give this a miss as I was actually drinking some very seriously disgusting shots - sober I wouldn't even sniff the stuff without throwing it down my neck!  So it was plan B!

We had taken the car into town last night and left it in the car park so I thought it would be a good idea to merge getting my running fix, curing my hang-over and collecting the car into one task!


It was early afternoon before I could even consider pulling on my trainers and hitting the streets!  I usually put my phone in the integrated pocket at the back of my running pants and have no problems at all. Today I had my phone and car key in this pocket - not a good idea!  The extra weight and bounce kept pulling down my pants and I was exposing my back crack to the world - not a good look I can tell you! After hitching my pants up several times I'd had enough! I stopped and removed the car key and continued with the run clutching it in my sweaty little mitt!  I did wonder whether the key fob would actually work once I got to the car with it being soaked in sweat! It was a windy but warm afternoon and I tried to run at a good pace to sweat all the bad toxins out my body! If I had run directly to the car it would have been about a mile and a half, but being a glutton for punishment I went the non-direct route and arrived at the car after running 4.27 miles which can be seen here. I was quite chuffed with my speed considering I had a hangover and trouser problems!


So that's it from me for 15 days!  I'm off on an all-inclusive (aka too much alcohol and food!) family holiday to Turkey so no running for me!  I would be lynched if I dared suggest I could run on holiday so I will just have to slob about! I might sneak some aqua running in in the pool or in the waves in the sea! 


I am sure I will return as fat unfit Lesley with lots of training to catch up on! It doesn't bare thinking about! 




Adios for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment