"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: 6 weeks to fill as I please ...

Saturday 21 July 2012

6 weeks to fill as I please ...

At 2 o'clock on Thursday I finished school for the Summer Holidays!!  WHOOOOO! HOOOOO!  6 weeks of ... sun, run, bike and relaxing! 


This week has been a fairly quiet week on the exercise front! On Tuesday the weather was horrendous so I went to the gym and did some speed intervals on the treadmill BUT... the air con wasn't working and it was boiling hot! However I persevered and managed 4.14 miles - the problem with doing speed intervals on the treadmill is you only end up with an average speed not a speed for the fast bits/slow bits which isn't very satisfying! 

After the treadmill I went on the bike and did 3.73 miles as a recovery session then went on some of the weights machines to improve my muscles! 

Wednesday and Thursday were rest days - well that's a lie actually Thursday ended up as a booze fueled party day! We finished work at 2pm and headed into town for a couple to celebrate the end of term and ended up in the pub until after 10pm! HHmmmmmmm not good! 

Friday dawned and I tentatively lifted my head off the pillow ... all seemed well, so I risked getting up! I had coffee and breakfast and all seemed good so I decided to go for it and do my long marathon training run! The rain had stopped, so off I set with my gels and energy tablets packed. This was my first run without my Garmin since getting it at Christmas - unfortunately it had to be sent back to the shop as it had an intermittent fault and it kept switching off - grrr, so I was back to my old method of tracking - with runkeeper on my i-phone!

The first couple of miles I was wondering what I was doing and my body was shouting very loudly at me "Hey you can't abuse me like you did yesterday and still expect me to conform!", but after a few miles it gave up objecting and I got into my stride. I felt relatively relaxed and enjoyed the run until the last 2 miles when my legs had really, really, really had had enough ... but I was determined to finish the prescribed mileage, although there was a short cut home available! I made it! 20.06 miles with an average pace of 9.23 min/miles! I was happy with that - this would give me a marathon time of 4 hours 3 minutes! Way, way, way beyond my expectations for my first go but I will keep my feet firmly on the ground until nearer the time and see how my training goes!

I really missed my friend Mr Garmin! Mr Runkeeper kept me informed of my mileage and pace etc but I couldn't just look at my mileage when I fancied - I had to wait until he was ready to tell me! I hope Wiggle get a wriggle on and get a new Garmin to me QUICKLY! At least I can still upload the Runkeeper run to the Garmin site so all isn't bad! You can view my run here!

Today is a pampering day ready for my jollies to Turkey on Monday - haircut, waxing and feet - getting prepared to dare to bare! 

No comments:

Post a Comment