"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Lets talk about ... food!

Monday 2 July 2012

Lets talk about ... food!

After completing Juneathon I enjoyed my day of rest (well no running!) yesterday and have decided that if I am to be successful with this Marathon training lark I will have to look after myself and eat the right foods!  After my 14 miler on Saturday I felt whiffy for the rest of the day, even after drinking a recovery shake as soon as I got home! Also after my moderate runs I have been feeling a bit nauseous with no appetite so I decided to do some research!  I have deducted from my trawling the sites that I am either a) dehydrated or b) lacking in carbs!


Starting today I am going to keep a food/ health diary so I can analyse where I'm going wrong! According to one "Marathon" website for my age/weight/build I should be consuming 2200 calories whilst training for a marathon and apparently I am using (for my age/weight/build) approx 100 calories per mile I run! Time to do the maths...!


As per usual it has rained incessantly today but not to be put off I went running with my running buddy Gina! Although it was very wet it was also very warm! I wish this weather would sort itself out!  We managed 6.19 miles at a good pace (for me!) of 8.50 minute miles! This run can be viewed here!
  
So far today I have used and gained these calories!




OOOHHHH I can go and stuff my face with my remaining 1043 calories!!


















July Goal is 175 miles 
less 6.19 running miles = 168.81
less 0.54 walking miles = 168.27

No comments:

Post a Comment