"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Beautiful sunny day for a ... bike ride!

Friday 10 August 2012

Beautiful sunny day for a ... bike ride!

I woke up this morning with every intention of going for a run BUT the sun was shining and my bike was calling and I couldn't resist!

I made some lunch and packed my bags and I was off - with absolutely no idea where I was heading.

After I had ridden for a couple of miles I saw a "Lancashire Cycle-way" sign and decided to follow it to see where I ended up.  It took me on lovely quiet country roads and I really enjoyed it.  However, after I had followed the signs going south for about 20 miles I started to wonder where I would end up so when I next saw a sign post for a town I knew I turned off towards it!  I ended up doing 39.20 miles and really enjoyed it although it was very, very hot and I ran out of water!   View my ride here

When I got home I Googled to see where the Cycleway went - good job I didn't stay on it - it is 260 miles long!  Slightly further than a day trip!

TOMORROW I WILL RUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment