"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Made me smile!

Saturday 6 October 2012

Made me smile!


Whilst undertaking what has become my daily obsession - Googling about tips for marathon running - I stumbled across a website that made me smile!  I started running later in life, when I was 44 and I have often wondered what times I would have run in my younger days! Several people I know (including my husband) have great pleasure in boasting about fast half marathon times they ran when they were 16 ... 18 ... 21 and I often think run one now and see what you can do!  

Anyhow, I came across a conversion chart that takes your current half marathon time, age and weight and statistically somehow calculates your race time as IF you were 25 (I wish it would take me back to 18!).  This made me smile!  According to this website IF I was 20 years younger I would be able to run a half marathon in 1:38:43, and a 10K in 45:07! So next time someone brags about there PB from 25+ years ago I am going to use these times as a comparison!  Age really does matters!


I think perhaps I have gone too far with my visualisation techniques! I read an article that said to take the fear away from a marathon visualise yourself running the race, visualise how you feel at certain mileage points and visualise finishing in your goal time! I have been doing this all week just before going to sleep. I woke up this morning and my first thoughts were "Oh I don't feel stiff at all considering I've just run a marathon!" - then the penny dropped - I haven't run it yet! 


This time tomorrow I will be on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment