"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Why I blog!

Friday 5 October 2012

Why I blog!

It is nice when other people read my ramblings, enjoy them and then comment but this not the main reason I blog. The main reason I blog is to motivate myself, and if I manage to motivate other people in the process all well and good!

I started blogging 18 months ago around about the time I took up running.  It has been a great tool for me to share my experiences, successes and low points.  When I am feeling down and unmotivated I often read back over past blog posts and find that actually acknowledging how far I have come on this fitness journey never fails to inspire me to keep going!

I don't force people to read my blog - that is entirely a personal decision for the internet user to make.  If no one ever read my blog I would still continue writing for my own personal gains and to have somewhere to state my goals and future intentions. I see it as a web-based personal diary in which I can publish my thoughts and opinions, which I am willing to share with any interested like-minded individuals. However, it is primarily there for ME to write about what's important to ME and to keep a record for the future.

So, what is the point of this post today?

When I get an email relating to my blog I always feel a little shiver of satisfaction that people have taken the time to either comment on a post or email me direct to pass comment.

Today, I got an e-mail stating the sender had a few questions to ask about my blog, and could I get in touch.  I thought it was a very strange request as if someone wanted to ask a question why didn't they just ask it in the e-mail. Suspicious of the senders intentions I Googled the senders name "Emily Coleman".  This name meant nothing to me but on entering it in the google search bar I was soon enlightened.  Emily Coleman is deceased and was a compulsive diary keeper. Read about her here!

This has really irritated and annoyed me.

The person sending the email obviously finds it amusing that someone should take the time to blog and share personal experiences with the world and is basically trying to take the P***!

Hence why I said earlier it is an individuals choice to read or not to read what I put!  The small minded person who thinks this is an amusing scam needs to look at their own life before judging others.  I actually feel pity for the person behind this as they obviously have a very sad and empty life and are trying to find fulfillment by belittling others. Have any other bloggers had a similar experience?

I am not replying to the individual email and all I can say to whoever is responsible for this is:




1 comment:

  1. obviously someone who hasn't got a very interesting life and looks at other peoples lives with i would say jealousy ! dont let it bother you , KEEP BLOGGING :-)

    ReplyDelete