"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Still undecided!

Wednesday 19 December 2012

Still undecided!

Its nearly the end of 2012 and I still haven't decided what my goals for 2013 are going to be!

I desperately want to compete in a triathlon, and had the motivation to train hard to make sure I succeeded but then started with the "allergy" to "chlorine" problem.  Unfortunately our local swimming pool has been closed for the last few days and will not open until after Christmas due to maintenance works so I can't even test my "goggles too tight" theory out or try silly looking nose clips. If I can't solve this problem then a Tri will have to be off the radar.

Sometimes I think I am just nervous about this new venture and that I am just looking for a way out! If I had thought this much about doing a marathon I would never have done one so maybe I just need to bite the bullet and think "Sod it!" and enter one - no going back then! 

I know if I don't do one this season I will be very disappointed with myself!  Its the swimming lark that is sapping my confidence! Can I improve my technique, speed up and get good enough in 16 weeks?

I have even bought 2 books from Amazon "The Triathletes Training Diary" and "Your First Triathlon" and these did what they say on the tin and inspired me but there's  still that little voice inside my head that is saying "No, no, no!"

 
The only races I have planned for 2013 are two 10K races. One in January and one in February, the rest of the year is just a blank! I need to get some more races booked to stay motivated and challenged!

After my 10K race on Saturday I had Sunday as a day off!  Well a day off from running, I was very busy with Christmassy things and then I went to an extremely hard Circuit Training class on Monday night - I enjoyed it at the time but my bum and inner thighs didn't like me for it on Tuesday morning!  However, on Tuesday night for some mad reason I thought it would be a good idea to go out for a run.  It was a mild dry evening and I wanted to make the most of it!  I desperatly needed to destress after a hectic day at work so laced up my trainers and headed out the door for a short run!  However, it felt so good to be out and free and I was enjoying myself so much I ended up running just short of 8 miles.  Although it wasn't a fast run I felt so much better on my return! You can view this run here!

This morning I woke up and struggled to make it down the stairs - my inner thighs and bum cheeks still weren't happy.  However as the day went on they loosened up sufficiently enough for me to brave another circuit training class this evening!  Yes I know, I must be completely bonkers but hey its the last one until 2013 so I thought I would go for it!  My body will be delighted it's the last one - there was lots of groans and creaks from different parts as I attempted lunges, squats, jumps etc!

So one more get up for me and then I am on my Christmas Break!  Time to get organised, clean, shop and ...RUN!  I am still determined to succeed with the 2012 miles in 2012 challenge so no rest for me - I still have a few miles to get in! 

No comments:

Post a Comment