"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Confessions of an injured runner ...

Thursday 31 January 2013

Confessions of an injured runner ...

Two weeks ago today I injured my ankle whilst out running and have been unable to run (or do any exercise) since!

This has left a huge gaping big hole in my life and I have been wallowing around in self pity trying to find something to keep me entertained during the endless days I've been on my own, immobile and off work.

At the very beginning of January I signed up for the 365 project challenge, which is a site where you have to post a photograph everyday for a year. You can view the site here.

 Initially I signed up for it to keep a sort of visual diary of my life during 2013 with no real intention of the photos being of a high photographic quality but just a snapshot of my life.  That was until I was injured ... too much time on my hands resulted in me looking through everyone else's photographs on the site and being amazed at some of the effects people could do and how pleasing they were to view.  It inspired me to start taking better photographs.  

I dug out my son's fancy camera (a Canon EOS1000D) and started snapping anything and everything that didn't move.  I was disappointed with the results!  Why weren't my photos like these fab one's I had seen? Why couldn't I become an expert overnight? 

Not to be disheartened I Googled for assistance and played around with the camera settings experimenting with shutter speed and amount of light etc.

The first time I managed to take a half decent close up photo I was dead chuffed and I thought I would share these early efforts with you. My main aim in this session was to take a photo that had the main object in focus but the background blurry!  

Here's the results, please feel free to comment and offer assistance on how I can improve.


At the zoo - not a bad attempt through glass!
Love this photo of the monkey sneaking up on his friend to pinch the banana, although I failed with the blurring of the background!!














Waiting for the lemon to grow to go in my G & T!






So there it is ... from frustrated runner to novice photographer in 14 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment