"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Things are looking up ...

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Things are looking up ...

After playing in the car and feeling rather silly for the past couple of days, today I decided to bite the bullet! I have been sitting in the driver's seat playing experimenting with pressing the pedals to see whether my ankle could take the strain and today I decided to give it a go for real!  After 13 days of feeling like a prisoner in my own home, today I felt like I had been set free! I was able to drive with absolutely no pain or discomfort at all - far less painful than actually walking!  So I put the dog in the car and drove somewhere different to go for my little prescribed walk.  

Unfortunately, no sooner had I got out the car the heavens opened and I got wet and cold.  My ankle doesn't seem to like the cold weather so I went back to the car after a very short 0.80 miles. When I got home I erred on the side of caution and put the heat pad on my ankle just to be kind. I wasn't really sure how my ankle would be after driving as I had taken Ibroprofen beforehand, and was waiting for the effects to wear off.  Luckily the drive doesn't seem to have aggravated it, so this afternoon once the rain had stopped I went out again for another little walk. I managed 1.36 miles, but my ankle was starting to object by the time I got home.  I need to keep the ankle active and strengthen the ligaments so I can start running again ... sometime SOON!

So all in all not a bad day ...

Today's walking miles = 2.16


Total Janathon Running miles: 51.20  / 80 running miles
Total Janathan Walking miles: 29.96 / 30 walking miles
Total Janathan Cycling miles: 52.43/ 130 cycling miles
Total Janathon Swimming miles: 3.83 / 10 swimming miles
Total Janathon non-mileage exercise: 2 hours Circuits

Total Janathon mileage: 137.26 / 250 target

Total days exercising 25/30

So only 0.04 of a mile to walk tomorrow and I have cracked my walking goal! It's a pity about the rest!


No comments:

Post a Comment