"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Fallen at the first fence ...

Sunday 20 January 2013

Fallen at the first fence ...

Today should have been the day I ran my first run of 2013 - the Carlisle 10K Resolution Race, and I would have been one step nearer to achieving my 2013 goal! Instead I have fallen at the first fence and failed miserably!  It's such a perfect day for a run too - cold and frosty but not icy!!

One of my 2013 goals was to  run 12 races in 12 months (one every month!) but that's not going to happen now is it! So... lets be positive and reword the goal.  It is now "run 12 races in 12 months". 

I am struggling to stay positive.  Being such an active person I find it really hard sitting here doing nothing!  Although I must admit to liking the being waited on hand and foot bit!! However, I will try to stay positive and I know I will be back running and cycling sometime in the future.  The day I injured myself was the same day Ron Gehring a Runkeeper street-mate and Blogger friend was killed in a hit and run cycle accident in Australia. I didn't know him personally but he was such  an inspiration to me.  He was always there with good advice and gentle persuasions (aka a kick with the bum!) when I was feeling down. He was always full of humour and had such a positive attitude towards life, and had incredible determination to achieve his goals.  Even though my goals were small in comparison to his mega goals he never belittled them and encouraged me every step of the way! I am in awe of a man who cycled a 600 km event just 2 years after starting cycling seriously. I will run or cycle my first race of 2013 in memory of Ron.  


One thing that I have discovered in the few days I have been injured is who my true friends are.  There are some who text and message regularly asking for updates and giving words of encouragement etc, some who pop in to cheer me up and some who just get on with their own lives ...

No comments:

Post a Comment