"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Doom and Gloom...

Saturday 19 January 2013

Doom and Gloom...




I woke up this morning feeling fairly positive that I would soon be back in action ... until I tried to move and realised I still couldn't without great difficulty and immense pain.  

I took my pile of prescribed pills and waited for them to kick in before attempting to move for the second time.  I very slowly managed to get up, get washed and dressed before braving the stairs.  The only possible way for me to get up and down the stairs at the moment is on my bum!  It reminds me of being a kid and "bumping" down each step - but I can guarantee I don't do any bumping! Its at times like these that living in a bungalow seems a good idea! 

I made it to the sofa, ankle elevated and ice pack in place ... and here I am ... still ... 7 hours later!  BORED! BORED! BORED! A friend of mine visited me for a coffee to give me some light relief and other than that I have had too much time to wallow ... and too much time to look up recuperation times for my specific ankle injury on the internet!  It appears that I might as well wave good bye to all the races I have booked for the first half of this year at least!  I was looking forward to them all and what a damn waste of my hard earned money!
 
I don't think my non-running friends quite get my despair and see it as a self-inflicted injury so I should get on with it - quietly! 

I never sit still for long and hate watching telly - what am I supposed to do?!!

The fact that 2 days after the injury I am still not feeling any better suggests to me that it's going to be a long job!  Surely I still shouldn't be in excruciating pain whilst popping painkillers religiously?

My new challenge is to find a hobby that involves not moving ...





No comments:

Post a Comment