"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Janathon Day 3 - Excuses, excuses, excuses!

Thursday 3 January 2013

Janathon Day 3 - Excuses, excuses, excuses!

I got a feeling (that's a song!) that this Janathon blog is going to be full of excuses! I'm still on holiday from where I work in a school.  It's funny as I find it more difficult to get out and run when I've got the whole day looming out ahead of me then when I'm rushing around like an idiot trying to fit it in between work, cooking, ironing and general chores!

I can't even use the excuse that I spent most of the day in bed, because unfortunately I didn't!  I got up at 8 am and after having breakfast and coffee I set about tackling the Mount Everest sized pile of ironing, still dressed in my PJ's (I like to be comfy when I iron!).  I was just finishing the last shirt when my neighbour and friend popped in for coffee - good job she knows me well as I don't generally greet people in my PJ's! Her words were "What you doing not dressed at this time of day - thought you would have been for a run by now!".  So made me feel guilty and lots of excuses leapt out my mouth, and after coffee and putting the world to rights she disappeared off leaving me to put my nicely ironed piles of clothes away and to muster some enthusiasm to run!

Clothes away and then it was lunch-time!  

After lunch it was too soon to run after eating (well, that's the excuse I used as it was raining rather heavily) so set about doing exciting  mundane things such as paying bills, sorting statements etc. and before I knew it it was time to walk the dog!


It had rained persistently all day and it was still persisting it down but the dogs bladder doesn't understand that I would prefer it to wait for the rain to stop, so donned in my wet weather gear and wellies off I went for a swift walk around a nearby wood with the hope the trees would give me some shelter! On the way there a woman stopped her car and asked me directions to a local street.  I confidently directly her and off I went on my merry way ... then it dawned on me ... I had sent her to the completely wrong place! Whoops, if by some trillion to one chance that the person looking for Hayclose Road is reading this, please accept my sincere apologies, I didn't do it on purpose I think my brain must have started to rust with all the rain! I was a little worried after that that I would see this irate driver looking for me to yell at me that I was an idiot! Anyhow, she didn't find me if she did come looking and I survived! It was a bit of a pathetic attempt of a walk- just over one mile but it was cold, very muddy and wet and I couldn't be ar**d! You can view this here.

Once home, I did the stupid thing of sitting down with a coffee and my book and the rest of the afternoon disappeared and before I knew it it was time to make dinner! "Oh dear", I thought looks like another run in the dark or on the dreadmill! As I was saying earlier I don't have these motivational issues when I'm at work - I just do it at the first window of opportunity!

By the time I got myself organised to run my Day 3 Janathon run it had gone 6 o'clock! How did that happen?  I still wasn't keen - it was still raining, it was still cold but now it was dark and misty too! I was wasting time trying to decide where to go when I had a brainwave (it must have been oiled). I decided to go on the same route as I did for Janathon Day 3 2012! So I looked it up on my Garmin, I gave myself a stern talking to and off I went! I really enjoyed the run as it was a route I probably haven't done since last year - perhaps this is the way forward - copy last years runs to motivate me! You can view this run here.

So after a slow start I managed 5.41 miles which was slightly longer than last years route as I went home a different way unintentionally! I was chuffed to see that my pace in a year had increased substantially even though I felt slow today! My pace last year was 10:12 minute miles whereas today it was 9:38 minute miles.

Running Miles today: 5.41
Time: 52 minutes 16 seconds
Average pace: 9.38


Walking miles today : 1.17


Total Janathon Running miles:  8.82 / 80 running miles
Total Janathan Walking miles: 7.00 / 30 walking miles
Total Janathan Cycling miles: Zero / 130 cycling miles
Total Janathon Swimming miles: Zero / 10 swimming miles

Total Janathon non-mileage exercise: 1 hour Circuits


Swimming, Cycling or BOTH tomorrow!

I can do this!



No comments:

Post a Comment