"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Janathon Day 2

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Janathon Day 2

Although its not the twelfth night and all that today I de-Christmassed my house!  

We have had the tree up since the 1st December and I was getting sick of the mess - so down it came!

It sounds such a simple task but by the time everything was taken down, packed away, put back in the loft, tree removed and millions of pine needles hoovered up from every crevice in the house several hours had passed! Whilst I was doing this depressing job I kept getting email updates informing me how wonderful everyone else was and how they had all managed to do day 2 of Janathon and I was feeling a bit of a failure! 

Anyhow,  I had a late lunch then as it had stopped raining momentarily we opted to take the dog out for a walk.  We did a nice 3.97 mile walk through the woods and back along the river, and very unusually we didn't get wet - muddy yes but at least we were still dry! You can view this walk here! 

Once home before I could come up with any excuses or get comfy on the sofa with the chocolates I headed upstairs to get changed into my running gear and headed out the door for my Janathon run! 


It had started to drizzle ever so slightly but it wasn't cold, although it was just starting to get dark! I had a route in mind, and I felt fairly good running today compared with the awful run I had on New Years Eve! I felt for the first time in ages that I was actually running at a decent pace, not just plodding. Unfortunately, at one point an elderly gentleman nearly took me out (and I don't mean to dinner)! He was chatting on the pavement to another elderly person and just as I was running past he took a step sideways right into me! Luckily there was no cars coming as he barged me into the road but one positive was I did manage to stay on my feet - just - and so did he!  PHEW! There was no apology from him, just a dirty look as if I had been doing something wrong! Anyhow, I managed to get home without any further incidents, and felt chuffed with myself for going when I really didn't feel like it!  I had a quick shower and change and in no time at all I was yet again heading out the door - this time to my usual Circuit Training class!  

Running Miles today: 3.41
Time: 31 minutes 56 seconds

Average pace: 9.18
You can view this run here.

Walking miles today : 3.97

View my walk  here.

Total Janathon Running miles:  3.41 / 80 running miles
Total Janathan Walking miles: 5.83 / 30 walking miles
Total Janathan Cycling miles: Zero / 130 cycling miles
Total Janathon Swimming miles: Zero / 10 swimming miles

Total Janathon non-mileage exercise: 1 hour Circuits

So far so good, bring on Day 3!




1 comment: