"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Mad Dog ... missed!

Sunday 10 February 2013

Mad Dog ... missed!

Today is day 24 of my injury induced rest and also the day of the Mad Dog 10K race! This is one race I have been really looking forward to for a long time. I still can't actually believe I can't run it - I will be glad when today is over! Another DNS recorded against my name.   Not only do I have a dodgy ankle I also have a cold, cough and sore throat.  I feel like I have lost the fit and healthy me and have been replaced by a wreck of a body! 


I want the real me back!  


Instead, I am feeling sad, depressed, dejected, tired and lonely ... nothing seems to be going right in my life!  

I firmly believe I have only got this horrid cold because I am sitting around wallowing in germs, when I'm active and running I never seem to catch things even when everyone else does! I must usually be able to outrun them!

2 races missed so far, how many more?!

No comments:

Post a Comment