"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: A bit of a rant!

Wednesday 27 March 2013

A bit of a rant!


Yes, there is only one day to go!
Yes, tomorrow is my last day at school for Easter! 
Yes, I get 2 weeks and 1 day off for Easter!
Yes, I get lots of holidays throughout the year!
Yes, I am lucky and I enjoy my time off!

HOWEVER,
  • I am a Teaching Assistant and NOT a Teacher so I only get paid for the hours I work! Therefore I have 2 months every year unpaid, whereas Teachers get paid all year round.
  • I am NOT allowed holidays in term time, so as well as not getting paid when the children are off I have to pay premium prices when I go on holiday myself.
  • In the 6 weeks Summer Holidays I cannot get another job (its in my contract) and I cannot claim benefits.
So next time you think how lucky school staff are for getting all the holidays, please remember that some of us suffer financially and we cannot do a thing about it.  I would actually like to work more weeks of the year but with the children being off I don't have the choice. 

Its makes my blood boil when I hear people say "It must be great to have all these holidays".  It would be if I got paid!

DEEP BREATH .... 

ONE, TWO, THREE!

and relax!

Rant over!  Sorry I just had to get that out my system.

Perhaps I would feel calmer if I had gone for a run tonight, but unfortunately tonight was a non-running night. I feel very stressed and uptight and I hoped going on the Turbo Trainer with Troy yelling at me would make me feel better.  It did momentarily but then the "I want to kill someone" feeling soon came back!  

I only did 7 miles in 30 minutes, an average speed of 13.4 Miles per hour. After running a long distance last night I didn't want to push my ankle too far, especially as I have another long run to do tomorrow.

As well as going on the Turbo Trainer I took the dog out for a "ball chasing walk" after school which equals not many miles in the bag for me (0.87 to be precise!) but an exhausted dog at the end of it! 

I hope I feel better about myself tomorrow.  At the moment I feel fat, bloated, horrible and unfit!  No time to dwell as I have only 

, Only 18 days to go until ...



Post injury miles and inch/weight loss since 9th March!

Running:  35.69 Miles
Walking:  26.06 Miles
Cycling:  34.87 Miles
Cross Trainer: 0.90 Miles
Rowing: 1.24 Miles
Swimming: 0.67 Miles or 43 lengths
Pilate's total Time: 2 hours
Core Strength Total Time: 1 hour 36 minutes 34 seconds


Weight loss: 0 / 8 pounds
Hips: 0.5 inches
Waist: 1.5 inches
Thighs: 0.5 inches








No comments:

Post a Comment