"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: I'm BACK!

Saturday 2 March 2013

I'm BACK!

After 43 days of enforced rest I ran for the first time today!!! Boy did it feel good but hard work!!! Its amazing how it takes years to build fitness up but it soon goes in a flash! 

I was extremely nervous about going out as well as excited!  My Physio said to do a short 10 minute    S L O W run!


Natural Hero Ginger Muscle Rub
I used Natural Hero Ginger Muscle Rub to warm my muscles before I ran.  

The first few minutes were fairly painful and I did think I wasn't going to last the full 10 minutes, but I gritted my teeth and the pain eased.  


Natural Hero Cooling Spray



I don't think I could have comfortably run any further but it felt good just to be out there again. 

As soon as I walked through the door I iced it for about half an hour, before getting a shower and then I used the Natural Hero cooling spray which seemed to work really well. I still have a very cold foot! 

I'm feeling invigorated now and itching to run some more, but will follow my physio's instructions! Monday is my next run - another lengthy one at a whole 12 minutes! If I take it easy now I'm hoping to make a good recovery!  I never want to go back to where I was!

You can view this first run here!

Back from my run - HAPPY!



No comments:

Post a Comment