"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Upping the Miles!

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Upping the Miles!

Yesterday was a non-running day and I opted for a 30 minute "Spinervals" session on the Turbo Trainer. This felt like a hard session but I think this was because the main part was done in a harder gear than the previous sessions! My legs moaned and my heart groaned but we pulled through it together!! I had cycled 7.01miles by the finish, but I'm sure it had recorded incorrectly and it was really 70.1 miles! 

After this I did the Core Challenge (although I am officially finished) and managed my fastest ever time at 10 minutes 25 seconds!! WHOOP WHOOP. I finished off by doing my ankle exercises prescribed by the Physio (He, who must be obeyed!). After all this exercise I had a shower, got ready and went to a Pampered Chef Cooking Party, where I proceeded to undo all my good work by knocking back a few too many wines!! Shocking behaviour - especially on a school night but good fun!


Today was a running day with a prescribed distance of 5 miles.  I felt a bit daunted at this distance but was determined to do it!  I set off and felt fantastic for the first 3 miles! I finally felt I had rediscovered the joy of running and that I wasn't going to have a heart attack! However, this feeling didn't last and I had the "I'm going to die" feeling for the last 2 miles!  I felt exhausted and I'm sure someone must have been running behind me pulling me back as I really didn't feel I was covering any ground! 

I was delighted to have made it home without stopping or walking and even more pleased with the fact I had covered 5.39 miles at an average pace of 9:51 minute miles. You can view this run here.  


When I got back I did my ankle exercises. Although I felt tired and unfit the best thing is I had absolutely NO PAIN from my ankle.Things are slowly beginning to come back together!


I am really pleased with how far I have progressed - this time 2 weeks ago I was running 1.25 miles and didn't feel I had much hope of increasing this distance anytime soon! Amazing what can be done with a little determination and lots of ice!


As well as my running miles I have 1.18 walking miles to add to my total.

Only 27 days to go until ...




Post injury miles and inch/weight loss since 9th March!

Running:  18.85 Miles
Walking:  17.66 Miles
Cycling: 24.14 Miles
Swimming:
Pilate's total Time: 1 hour
Core Strength Total Time: 1 hour 36 minutes 34 seconds

Weight loss: 1.4 / 8 pounds
Hips: 0
Waist: 1 inch
Thighs: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment