"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: hi ho hi ho it's off to the gym I go!

Wednesday 20 March 2013

hi ho hi ho it's off to the gym I go!

Today was a non-running day and the decision to go to the gym was forced upon me!  

I am a member at a "pay as you go" Gym (which evidently I don't go to very often!) and I received an email stating that if I didn't go by the end of this week I would be erased from the system and I would then have to undergo another induction process (at a cost!) to recommence my membership. 

So, for purely monetary reasons I found myself at the gym tonight. 

As this was a prescribed non-running day I didn't want to go on the treadmill (because that's running!!) which I found very hard to resist!  Usually the treadmill is my favoured machine, but variety is the spice of life or so they say! 

I went on the rowing machine for 10 minutes and rowed 1.24 miles (not exactly across the channel, more across a paddling pool!). After this I went on the cross trainer as a good alternative to pounding the treadmill and I thought it was a good low impact exercise for my ankle (wrong!). 

I set a 30 minute program on it but only managed to do 15 minutes (a pathetic 0.90 miles) before my ankle started to grumble.  Not wanting to risk any set-backs I immediately stopped and opted for the stationary bike instead! The cross trainers, bikes and treadmills are lined up in front of a glass wall which over looks the swimming pool.  Usually it's entertaining to watch all the various swimming abilities, styles, shapes and sizes in the pool, but alas tonight it was full of children having lessons! 

I managed the full 30 minute programme (and 3.73 miles) on the bike with no ill-effects, so was pleased. 

I forgot to take my head phones with me tonight so I ended up music-less (except for the dodgy choice of music played over the speakers!) and noticed (I don't normally hear as I'm deafening myself with my own music through headphones) how many beeps, bleeps and pips occur from all the various machines either finishing programmes, changing speeds or changing intensity etc. I felt like I was surrounded by an invasion of micro-waves! I wanted to yell "WILL YOU STOP BEEPING!"









At least I am now free to avoid the Gym for a while again until I receive another threat!! I must admit I did actually quite enjoy the experience! 

As well as the Gym experience I have also been on several short walks - all these miles count and add up to a grand total of 3.15 miles.

Miles = Smiles!

Only 26 days to go until ...




Post injury miles and inch/weight loss since 9th March!

Running:  18.85 Miles
Walking:  20.81 Miles
Cycling:  27.87 Miles
Cross Trainer: 0.90 Miles
Rowing: 1.24 Miles
Swimming:
Pilate's total Time: 1 hour
Core Strength Total Time: 1 hour 36 minutes 34 seconds

Weight loss: 1.4 / 8 pounds
Hips: 0
Waist: 1 inch
Thighs: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment