"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Half Term and no time!

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Half Term and no time!

I am off work this week as it is the Half Term Holidays but I seriously don't know how I ever find the time to work, run and blog!

Yesterday's run according to the plan was supposed to be a 40 minutes easy pace run.  The forecast for the day wasn't good so I decided to go for my run as soon as I got up to try and avoid the heavy rain forecast for later in the morning. When I left home it was drizzling lightly which was OK to run in, by the time I got home it had got heavier but not torrential. I enjoyed the run on the whole except when I met a HGV driver on a country lane REVERSING!  I got as far in to the verge as I could but he just kept coming.  I was eyeballing him in his wing mirror not convinced he had seen me pinned up against the hedge as 5 huge wheels trundled past my toes - just missing!  I am assuming he was following a satnav and had got himself stuck down a lane but reversing a huge vehicle like that down a one track lane is rather stupid! When he eventually got passed he waved out the window at me - so he had seen me, he just wasn't giving me much space! The rest of the run was uneventful thankfully. I went over my goal time of 40 minutes and ran for 51 minutes and did 5.52 miles which can be seen here. 

Today's run was down as a 4 mile pace run @ a 9 minute mile pace. However, as I am unable to go to my usual Pilate's class tomorrow I wanted to go to a morning class today instead. To kill 2 birds with one stone I decided to walk to my class which is about 1.70 miles away, then do the 1 hour of Pilate's before running the long way home. I really enjoyed the Pilate's as it was the Foundation class opposed to the advanced one I usually go to. However it was nice to be reminded about technique and do some gentler exercises which didn't nearly kill me! 


After the Pilate's I felt quite energised and was enthusiastic about running home, especially as it hadn't started to rain although it did look a bit black! I decided that after the walk and Pilate's I didn't need to warm up so I went straight in and ran at a  9 minute mile pace.  I managed the 4 miles with splits of 9.01, 8.47, 8.51, 8.59 and then did a cool down mile in 9.35 minutes.  In total I ran 5.02 miles with an average pace of 8.59 so I am very chuffed with that!  You can view this run here.

I am going to relax now and try and catch up with some of my scrapbook pages.  I will post pictures once I get them finished!



No comments:

Post a Comment