"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Sore Core!

Thursday 16 May 2013

Sore Core!

A busy day at work preceded a busy evening of exercise. Tonight's run was a 40 minute easy run. I have been told to make sure I make the easy runs slow and tempo runs hard but as I am currently an one pace horse I am struggling to do this!

It has been "showery" all day on and off.  When I got home from work the sun was trying to shine so I immediately got changed, fuelled up on a banana before heading out the door for my run.  



Just as I got my trainers laced up the heavens opened once again for a torrential downpour.  I delayed setting off and even considered for a millisecond going on the treadmill instead of venturing out!  

However, I donned my running waterproof jacket waited for the rain to subside slightly before setting off.  Luckily after about 10 minutes the rain stopped and it ended up being a very pleasant run. 

As this was an easy run I didn't look at my garmin for my pace, I just ran as my body dictated! I really enjoyed it even though it ended up as a fairly hilly run!  I did a 9:50 minute mile average pace, You can view it here

Once home I had a quick shower, sorted tea and then was back out to my usual Pilate's class.  I am not sure whether its an accumulation of the weeks exercise or going running immediately before the class but I found it exceptionally hard.  My whole body feels like it has been put through it's paces and I can certainly feel my abs and bum muscles! I have certainly pushed myself this week!




No comments:

Post a Comment