"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Stop! I wanna get off!

Wednesday 1 May 2013

Stop! I wanna get off!




Marathon Training!





It's Wednesday and this week I  feel like I am on a treadmill that I can't get off! 


BUSY! BUSY! BUSY!

and the start of week 2 of marathon training to add a little extra into the mix!

I haven't had time to fit blogging in too so I will update you now on this week's activities so far! 

On Monday I woke up at 7am and immediately dashed downstairs to the PC to enter the ballot for the London Marathon before it reached its maximum number. Luckily I had no connection problems and I received my email confirmation immediately.  Now its time to play the waiting game!  Fingers and toes will stay crossed until the ballot is drawn in October!  It seems a lifetime away at the moment but I am sure it will be here in the blink of an eye. Apparently the ballot actually closed at around 11am FULL, after only 11 hours! I went to work feeling excited and enthusiastic and I had my usual manic Monday with kids who had spent the weekend with doting parents who don't know the word "No".  When I got home from work at around 4 O'clock I did a general tidy-up, dusted and hoovered and tried to make the house look like it wasn't the scene of a burglary, organised tea before heading out the door for my prescribed 40 minutes "easy" run.  It was a nice evening and it felt good to run off some tension. I managed 4.15 miles in just over 39 minutes at an average pace of 9.24 minute miles.  I felt relaxed on the run and my legs didn't feel as heavy as they did on Sundays run and even better news is my ankle felt fine the entire time. 

On Tuesday I didn't even get a rest in my lunch hour as I had to go home to walk the dog as "the family" were all going to be out the house until after 5pm. After work I had a very hard going training course which didn't finish until 5.30pm.  I had planned ahead (very unusual for me!) and had taken my swimming stuff to work with me so I could go to the pool straight from my course to release tension.  It was a glorious evening which meant the pool was very quiet, making it a much more enjoyable experience than usual!  I swam 1500 metres (60 lengths) in 51 minutes.  Not fast I know but super fast for me! I felt like I was improving and enjoyed the session.  The only downside was that once I got home I ended up sniffing and sneezing for the rest of the night (that dreaded chlorine allergy again?!).  I even took an antihistamine tablet but it didn't have any effect.  However once I woke up this morning all symptoms had gone.

Today continued in the same mad fashion! I had to return home to walk the dog at lunch-time again and then when I finished work I had a budget meeting to attend which went on til half five.  Once home I walked the dog again before heading out to my usual Circuit Training Session. It was a hard session but it felt good!  Unfortunately there was alot of leg exercises tonight such as skipping, running, star jumps, burpees etc so my ankle is a little tender now!  I am  now icing and hope it will be OK!

I might be busy but I wouldn't give up my exercise for anything!  It's worth rushing around like an idiot to fit it all in!

I know it's a school night but I am now sat down (finally) with a nice big glass of red wine!!

CHEERS!




No comments:

Post a Comment