"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: No more ifs and buts aim for medals and cups!

Sunday 28 April 2013

No more ifs and buts aim for medals and cups!

My running has been full of ifs and buts ...

If I hadn't run on that particular day in January I wouldn't have injured myself!


If I hadn't injured myself in January I would be in peak condition now and getting PB's (in my dreams)!


If I hadn't got my injury I would be a Triathlete by now!


If I had kept up with cross training and not slobbed out I wouldn't be so unfit now!


If I had kept to a healthy diet I wouldn't be feeling so heavy now!

BUT

I have thought of a new mantra: 


"no ifs, no buts just aim for medals and cups!"


I was extremely nervous going into the Wray Scarecrow 10K race yesterday and you can read how I got on here.

This morning I went to watch the Kendal Sprint Triathlon.  Well to be entirely honest due to the horrendous weather (wet, windy and cold) I actually only watched the swimming portion which was pool based (warm and dry!).  Watching even the very good swimmers looking exhausted at the end of it made me even more nervous about attempting a tri! On my way home I went on the roads that were part of the run and cycle route and it all seemed very scary to me (fast and furious!).

After a short 2.3 mile dog walk in the rain I went for a run, still in the rain.  My marathon training plan stated "an one hour easy run" where I do not have to worry about pace, it's just important to have the time on my legs! Its a good job pace wasn't important as my legs felt like lead and weren't feeling very cooperative.   I did enjoy running as my body dictated without the pressure of pace and I actually ran 5.95 miles in 1 hour 1 minute (hows that for accurate timing?!).  You can view this run here.

I have survived week one of my marathon training and my stats look like this:

Running : 19.09 Miles
Time on feet: 3:03:11

Cross Training-
Pilates: 1 hour
Circuit Training: 1 hour
Swimming: 1250 Metres
Walking: 3.57 Miles

Rest days: One



Bring on week 2 - I am ready for you!






No comments:

Post a Comment