"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Double whammy!

Thursday 20 June 2013

Double whammy!


Tonight's run according to the Marathon Training Plan was supposed to be a 30 minutes easy run. 

As the weather forecast wasn't good for later in the evening I decided to go for an early run as soon as I got home from work at quarter to 4.  It had started to spit earlier but it hadn't amounted to much and it was still hot! I enjoyed running without worrying about my pace and I only kept half an eye on my Heart Rate to make sure I kept within the 150 BPM zone and I seemed to quite effortlessly! 

When I got home I was pleased to see that I had maintained a 148 BPM heart rate and run 4.12 miles in 37 minutes, which is 9.02 minute miles. You can view my run here. I don't understand how my pace is improving during these easy runs but my heart rate is staying low!  But hey it's good so it doesn't matter if I don't understand it! 

Once I got home and I realised I still felt good I decided to go to Pilate's (after a shower may I add!) to have a good stretch!  I'm not sure whether this was such a good idea as I think I am now suffering "Dead Butt Syndrome!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment