"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Chuffed with that!

Friday 21 June 2013

Chuffed with that!

After feeling despondent with my runs this week I am chuffed with my run tonight!

I have had a hectic day at work with being in class this morning and then visiting nurseries and new children this afternoon. 

When I got home I decided I needed to have a good clean and tidy of the pigsty the rest of my family call home.  No one else seems to notice the disarray that surrounds them but it gets to a point when I HAVE to do something about it! 

So after dusting, tidying, hoovering and making dinner I decided it was time to destress by going for a run.  The plan stated a 6 mile run at a 9 minute mile pace.  It was incredibly hot and muggy and when I first set off I had doubts I would be able to maintain the pace. However, after the awful run on Tuesday evening I was determined not to fail again and dug deep.  Once I got the pace going I felt much better and my confidence grew as I saw I was maintaining the pace!  


However the sun seemed to have brought all the idiots out and scooters, bikes, skateboards, teenagers, prams and unruly kids made running on the pavement a bit of a liability and I am sure I would have been safer actually braving the traffic and running on the road! 

At one point a car had parked and had his passenger door open whilst talking to people who were blocking the way completely so I decided to brave the road to get past them.  Just as I overtook the car the driver decided to fling open his door and get out the car - nearly taking me with him!  I swore and muttered under my breath, or perhaps it wasn't under my breath as he was soon apologising! 


I was extremely hot when I got home after running 6.67 miles but with splits of 8:52, 8:23, 8:48, 8:50, 8:56, 8:57  I was dead chuffed with my efforts considering the heat - the run can be viewed here.





No comments:

Post a Comment