"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley

Sunday 30 June 2013

I woke up this morning still feeling dreadful with a blocked nose and a sore face from blocked sinuses. I got up feeling very sorry for myself and had a Beechams Flu Plus Hot Berry drink.  Amazingly, this worked and within an hour I was feeling much better and even had a little bit of energy to go for a short walk with the dog before lunch.

Although I didn't fancy anything to eat at lunch time I forced down a Ham and Tomato Sandwich washed down with another Beechams drink.  By the time this took effect Formula One was on the television so I slunk off into the other room to do the ironing and then decided to risk a run - it would kill or cure me!

When I appeared dressed for action I got scowled at for running whilst feeling crap.  If I am well enough to do everyone's ironing I am well enough to run!  

The training plan today was for a 4 mile run @ a 9 minute mile pace. Although it was a dull day it was deceptively hot and very very windy! I decided to wear my inov8's and give my blisters a rest from the Hoka's tonight! 

My splits were 8:22. 8:47, 9:05, 9:12 which works out as an average pace of 8:49 minute mile pace!

Considering how under the weather I have been feeling during the last few days I was quite chuffed with the outcome of this run! You can view my run here.

So I have  survived week 10 of my marathon training and my stats for the week look like this:

Running: 22.59 miles in 3 runs.
Time on feet: 3:30:01
Best mile Pace this week :  8:22 m/m

Plus

Cross Training consisting of:

Walking: 4.72 Miles
Swimming: 0.90 Miles
1 Hour Pilate's
I Hour Circuit Training
Total Weekly Miles:  28.22 Miles

and my total training for the marathon to date since 22nd April 2013 is:

Running : 233.94 Miles
Time on feet: 36:26:52

Best Mile Pace = 8 Minute Mile on 26th May

Plus

Cross Training consisting of-

Pilate's: 7 hour
Circuit Training: 5 hour
Swimming:  8.11  Miles
Walking: 59.29 Miles
Cycling: 43.82 Miles
45 minutes Sports Massage

Total Miles: 345.16


Bring on week 11 - I am ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment