"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: The Sun is back!

Tuesday 25 June 2013

The Sun is back!

After a couple of days running rest tonight's prescribed run was for a 30 minutes easy run.

It had been a hot and sunny day, so I set off out in my shorts and vest with a drink in hand ... and wearing my new socks! I have had sock issues since the weather has turned warmer.  All my running socks are thick cushioned socks which are really hot now it is warm so I have been looking for a summer alternative. Unfortunately, a lot of the thin socks I have tried have been uncomfortable and tend to wrinkle up in my trainer. Someone recommended I tried "Defeet Cycling Socks" to run in so I did! After my first wear I am impressed ... so far! They are light and cool and actually stay put! It will be interesting to see how they cope with a longer run!


 I'm not sure whether it was due to the fact I had had a couple of days of not running or the "Speede" socks but I felt quite up for it tonight!  I tried not to think about the pace I was keeping but instead concentrated on good form and enjoying the run.  I was surprised and delighted when I got home and saw that I had kept a 8.46 average pace without trying! Perhaps the secret is to run with my Garmin hidden so I can't obsess about my pace! I ran 4.31 miles in just under 38 minutes, my route can be seen here.

Circuit Training tomorrow night to work on my body strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment