"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Where o' where has the time gone?

Sunday 2 June 2013

Where o' where has the time gone?

I cannot believe it is Sunday evening already! Not only is it the end of the weekend but its the end of Half Term!  That means just one thing to me - back to work tomorrow! YIKES!

I haven't been very good at blogging during the holidays - I just don't seem to have had the time!  

So what have I been doing?
Jess with her pass certificate!

On Thursday my daughter had her driving test!  It was a 9am test so she was collected by her driving instructor at 7.30am to fit in an hour's lesson before the real deal! I sat at home with bated breath waiting to hear!  I was wanting to go out for a run but had to wait for her to return before I hit the streets.  My thoughts were if she failed at least I could escape the house until the major tantrums had died down!  Anyhow, I was delighted (and so was she) that she passed first time with only one minor fault, which considering you are allowed up to 15 faults, she did a fantastic job! This is a photo of her after she had passed with her driving instructors car although she quite fancies the private registration plate as her initials are JW!

Once she was home safe and sound and her initial excitement at passing had died down slightly I went out for my run.  My marathon training plan stated a 1 hour 45 minutes easy run. It was a nice morning to run (warm and sunny with no rain!) and I set off looking forward to the task ahead!  I hadn't worked out a route but just thought I would see where I ended up.  It ended up being a fairly hilly route but I enjoyed the challenge. There was only one problem that presented itself- I had either run too quickly or not gone far enough! I ended up back in Kendal after only running for an hour and 10 minutes - I realised I was going have to extend my run somewhat!  I managed to add an extra loop on to my run and kept going for 1 hour 41 minutes, not too far short off the prescribed duration and I ran 10.31 miles during that time which can be viewed here.

Once I got home my daughter was chomping at the bit to be added to my insurance so she could drive my car!  A short phone call and a credit card number was all it took for me to give her freedom of the road! Far too easily in my opinion! I can foresee some major car related battles coming up in the near future! It wasn't long before she was out in MY car for the first time on her own! I was a bundle of nerves until she walked back into the house! 

Friday was supposed to be a rest day but it was such a glorious day I decided to go out on my bike - after all it could rain for the next 3 weeks! 

I really enjoyed my first warm weather cycle!  It was nice not to be trussed up in many layers trying to keep the cold out! 

I cycled 30.75 miles which can be viewed here and had some fabulous views.



Arnside.  I stopped for lunch here.

Once I got home it was still a glorious day so I decided to chill out in the garden and do another page in my scrapbook. I am now up to date and ready for my next race!

My latest scrapbook page!


On Saturday I did have a rest day and thoroughly enjoyed myself! Although I rested I probably cancelled out all the good I have done to my body in the last few weeks by devouring far too much meat and consuming way too much Pimms at a friends BBQ!  Hey Ho life is for living!

Today the plan stated a 5 mile pace run @ 9 minute miles with a mile warm up and a mile cool down. I decided to go out as soon as I got up as it looked like it could be another hot day and thought it would be wise to go out before it got too hot. 

I was pleasantly surprised to wake up feeling fairly alive and ready for action! I was determined to try and maintain a 9 minute mile pace and not do what I have done in the past which is set off too fast and not being able to maintain it for the entire time.  

The weather went from being cloudy to being sunny intermittently throughout the run.  Whilst it was cloudy I would say it was perfect running conditions, but when the sun broke through it did get rather hot! I did my one mile warm up in 9:48 then the splits for the 5 miles were 9:00, 8:58, 8:52, 9:00, 8:54 with a mile cool down at 9:11.  I was chuffed that I managed to keep my pace fairly constant throughout this run.  You can view it here. 

My next aim is to "feel" the pace without relying on my Garmin!

All in all I have had a great week off, and a little bit of sunshine has made it even better! 

I have  survived week 6 of my marathon training and my stats for the week look like this:

Running: 27.81 miles in 4 runs.
Time on feet: 4:22:08

Plus

Cross Training-

Walking: 9.49 Miles
Cycling: 30.75 Miles
Pilates: 1 hour

Total Weekly Miles:  68.05 Miles


and my total training for the marathon to date since 22nd April 2013 is:

Running : 136.76 Miles
Time on feet: 21:19:19

Plus

Cross Training-

Pilates: 4 hour
Circuit Training: 3 hour
Swimming:  5.97  Miles
Walking: 41.42 Miles
Cycling: 36.65 Miles

Total Miles: 220.80

Bring on week 7 - I am ready for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment