"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: WOW! It's HOT!

Monday 8 July 2013

WOW! It's HOT!

As week 12 of my marathon training commences it has turned exceptionally hot and has put me into a bit of a quandary! 

When I got home from work tonight it was 28C (82F) which even if I had the inclination (which I don't!) is far too hot to run in!

I know you should run in all weather conditions, mainly to get you used to it as you never know what it will be like on race day, but lets be honest , it ain't going be 28C in October so why should I put myself through the pain!

BUT ... looking at the weather this week it isn't going to get any cooler ... so WHEN do I run? 


I'm really not a morning person, but I don't think there is going to be any alternative but to set my alarm clock one hour earlier and run before work and before it gets too hot!

Watch this space to see if I actually manage that!

Tonight was my swimming night with the tri club!  I was relieved to get into the nice cold pool - very refreshing!

We did the usual 8 warm-up lengths followed by a pyramid training endurance session.  Basically this consisted of a 100 metres swim (4 lengths) follwed by a 30 second rest, then 200 metres swim (8 lengths) followed by a 30 second rest, then 300 metres swim (12 lengths) followed by a 30 second rest, then 400 metres swim (16 lengths) followed by a 30 second rest, then supposedly going back down the pyramid with 300metres and rest, 200 metres and rest, 100 metres and rest! collapse! 

I didn't have enough time to finish the pyramid in the 1 hour session but got down to the second 200 metres!

This was an exhausting but enjoyable session!  I feel as if I am getting better even though I was poorly last Monday so it has actually been 2 weeks since I last went swimming!  

I really must try and go more often to practise what I am taught!


No comments:

Post a Comment