"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Well I did it!

Tuesday 9 July 2013

Well I did it!

I set my alarm for 6am in order to get up to go for a pre-work run before the sun got too hot and ... I DID IT!


I was out the door by 6.15am and it was fantastic!  Perfect temperature, no kids, no cars, no teenagers ... just me and the road!

The training plan stated a tempo/easy run! Basically 10 minutes warm up, 10 minutes fast, 5 minutes easy, 10 minutes fast, 10 minutes cool down. 

I used my garmin to time the duration of each split as prescribed but unfortunately I forgot to knock off the mile splits so my splits are a bit skewed as they include both the time splits and mile splits but I have roughly worked out my splits to be:

10 minutes warm up @ 9.04 minute miles
10 minutes fast @ 8 minute miles
5 minutes slow @ 9.35 minute miles
10 minutes fast @ 8.08 minute miles
10 minutes cool down @ 9.06 minute miles

I was pleased that I managed to maintain a "fast" pace which was noticeably faster than my "easy" pace.  Up until now I have only managed to run at one pace! 

I ran  5.24 miles in 46 minutes and all before my usual alarm call!

I only had one near death incident when I was running round a corner on the PATH and a cyclist came the other way on the PATH and nearly took me out!  She obviously doesn't know what roads are for!  GGRRRRR!! I had been very relaxed up until this point!

By the time I got home it was starting to get hot and it was only 7am - I had definitely made the right decision to run early! 

I may now have a new routine!

You can view this morning's run here.


No comments:

Post a Comment