"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Back to ASICS!

Wednesday 21 August 2013

Back to ASICS!

Hoka's
A couple of months ago I decided to buy some Hoka's on the spur of the moment!   (read my experience here).

They turned out NOT to be my dream shoe! I haven't fallen in love with them and unfortunately they didn't make me fly as advertised on the box!

I probably haven't given them a fair trial as I have only run about 40 miles in them BUT on the runs I have worn them I have suffered the most awful blisters on the instep of  both my feet, something I have never experienced before and 2 of my toe nails became very sore and turned black! 

As well as these problems I seem to ache far more after running in my Hoka's than I do my other trainers, (maybe this is just old age) and I have also experienced hip, knee and ankle discomfort!  

My ankles are already weak from my injury in January so I am feeling very wary about wearing anything that might aggravate this further.  I only have 10 weeks to get super fit for my marathon and when I got up this morning and felt a severe ache and stiffness in my ankle I decided enough was enough!  I headed down to Pete Bland Sports and although I tried on some Brooks and Saucony trainers I decided that I would play it safe and get another pair of Asics!  I trained for Chester marathon last year in my Asics and had no injuries or blisters at all during my training or on the day!


Asics Gel Nimbus 15
So these are my new babies -  
ASICS GEL-NIMBUS 15, which are basically the new model of the ones I ran in last year!

I haven't been out for a run in them yet!  With my ankle feeling very sore I thought I would give it a little rest before putting these through their paces.

I hope this is the beginning of a long and beautiful friendship!

I can't decide now whether to try and sell the Hoka's on a local sell and seek FB site or whether to give them the benefit of the doubt and grant them a second chance, once my marathon training is over, when the fear of injury will be less!

So with running being out due to my ankle I decided to get some swim practise in!

I headed to the pool at 12 O Clock, for the opening of the public swimming sessions along with every other Tom, Dick and Harry in Kendal!  Then again what else is there to do in Kendal on a damp and dreary day in the Summer holidays!  

If I hadn't of already paid I would have turned around and gone home! 

When I got into the changing rooms there wasn't an inch of space free!  Every bit of bench in the communal area was filled and all the individual changing rooms were full!  I ended up getting changed whilst leaning against the lockers! 

I headed into the pool with a feeling of trepidation - was this going to be a complete waste of time?!  Luckily the majority of the crowd were in the kiddies pool or in the main swimming area of the large pool.  The 2 lanes sectioned off (where I always swim) were busy but not too bad! I managed 85 lengths, which is 2125 metres or 1.32 miles in an hour and 5 minutes! My ankle felt fine but my arms feel very heavy now!!

Fingers crossed my ankle will be OK to try out my new trainers tomorrow!  #excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment