"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Slightly faster!

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Slightly faster!

I have had a busy day today starting off with the dentist for me and my daughter, and then on to visit my Mum.  We went to an Italian restaurant for a rather heavy (but awfully nice) lunch and consequently I had to wait until 6 O' Clock before I attempted a run! I didn't want to run with the "brick in my stomach" feeling.

My marathon plan stipulated a 1 hour "easy" run, so off I set not worrying about my pace.  A quick glance at my Garmin gave me a shock when I realised I was doing under a 9 minute mile!  Although this time last year I was doing this pace on a regular basis just recently I have been very very slow and snail like!  Perhaps running after cycling is benefiting me after all - by making "just" running feel easier! The euphoric feeling didn't last long mind you as my pace soon slowed, but then again I did choose to go on a rather hilly route so I have a good excuse! I managed 5.95 miles in 57 minutes and although my Achilles felt slightly tight it wasn't sore like it was on Sunday!  You can view this run here.  Once I got home I diligently did my physio exercises, hoping to keep a recurring injury at bay!


Run at your own pace! No matter how slow you feel, you're lapping everyone on the couch!
I feel much better about my running tonight! 

Although my pace still isn't as I would like the numbers are definitely finally going in the right direction! 

I may never (actually I know I WILL never!) come into the definition of "fast" as used by elite athletes but as long as I know I am doing the best I can I will be happy! 

My problem recently has been I KNOW I can do better and I have been becoming disheartened after every run as I have deemed my efforts as "not good enough". I'm very hard on myself and want to be the best I can be - all the time! 

I think the problem is now in my head and not in my legs so here's to the new positive me! 



 I CAN and I WILL run a sub 4 hour marathon!



No comments:

Post a Comment