"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Back to school and first run!

Tuesday 3 September 2013

Back to school and first run!

After nearly 7 weeks off today is the day the fun ended and reality began!  I was back at work! Fortunately, we have 2 inset days to wean us back in before the kids start back on Thursday. Today was a full day of first aid training - so if anyone needs me I'm here - fully qualified (again!) and ready to save a life!


After a day confined to 4 walls I decided I might just risk a little run tonight.  The plan was if it didn't go well I could practise a run/walk strategy ready for the Great North Run should I need it!

So just before 6pm I nervously donned my trainers, set my Garmin going and then quickly hid it in my pocket!  I didn't want the pressure of pace or distance, I just wanted to get back out there and run to see how it felt.

Since I wasn't sure how I would manage I didn't really have a route planned, I thought I would just run a short distance to see how it faired! Unfortunately from the off it didn't feel good but I thought perhaps it had just stiffened and would ease into it ... errrrr WRONG! Instead it got more and more painful, whilst I got slower and slower and eventually after just a mile I ended up walking.

I was just getting my phone out my pocket, whilst fighting back tears of frustration when Andy from work saw me as he passed in his car and stopped to see if I was OK.  This was enough to break the flood gates! Poor guy probably regretted stopping as he now had a snivelling female on his shoulder. Anyhow, he was full of sympathy as he is also running The Great North Run and could understand my disappointment.

I have made another physio appointment for Thursday but I doubt I will be fit to run the GNR a week on Sunday!
deferred success cartoons, deferred success cartoon, deferred success picture, deferred success pictures, deferred success image, deferred success images, deferred success illustration, deferred success illustrations
# Disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment