"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: I survived the Great North Run!

Sunday 15 September 2013

I survived the Great North Run!

I don't know how ... but I survived this weekend and The Great North Run!

No I didn't run it but I have survived watching it on TV and even worse managed to grin and bear it whilst hearing all about my running friends fun, frolics and fantastic achievements! 

Yesterday I had to go over to Newcastle to take my son back for his second year at Northumbria Uni, and at the same time suffer seeing all the signs up for the Great North Run! Talk about adding insult to injury! 

I was very depressed yesterday and it hasn't been the easiest of days for me today either but I think the torrential rain managed to console me slightly together with the severe hangover I was sporting!  

Its the only goal I have managed to achieve this year which was getting so drunk last night that I wouldn't wake up this morning desperate to run! 

tick!

I actually really enjoyed watching it on TV for the first time!  I stayed in bed snuggled up in my duvet until 12 O' Clock and got so excited watching the elite runners racing! Mo made a fabulous last minute sprint and very nearly managed to pull it back! To run that fast must be truly amazing!

I eventually managed to crawl out of bed, get dressed and stomach some lunch before collapsing on the sofa for the afternoon to watch the Brownlee brothers competing in the World Triathlon Grand Final!  Wow more excitement after watching the GNR was just too much but I thoroughly enjoyed it and was good to see that even top athletes get injured and have a crap season!  I can sympathise Alastair!

So onwards and upwards!  It happened without me and I didn't have the threatened breakdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment