"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Slowly, slowly does it!

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Slowly, slowly does it!

Last night I decided that since my Achilles was feeling a lot better I would risk a little run! 

I opted to go on the dreadmill, so if things weren't going well at least I wouldn't have to stagger home!

Not wanting to risk making things worse I started off walking before progressing onto a slow run!  I managed 20 minutes and went 1.30 miles.  I could have kept going but didn't dare!


Afterwards I iced and went to bed wondering how it would be in the morning.

This morning I stuck my foot out of bed with trepidation! 

After pushing out of bed and standing with my full weight on it I was amazed to discover I was not in agony! YESSSSSSS on the road to recovery!

Apart from my stretching exercises I have rested today.

If all is still good tomorrow I will brave hitting the streets and see if I can do a 30 minutes easy run!

Fingers crossed that this is me back to running AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment