"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley

Sunday 1 September 2013

Well I'm on my eighth day of no running and in a funny way I feel like I have been reborn!

All the self imposed pressure to train harder, faster and longer in order to get a sub 4 hour marathon has gone!  I have come to realise that this is just a small part of my life, I am going to do my best and what will be will be.  It's not the end of the world no matter what! 

With this in mind together with the fact there is only 7 weeks to go until the Yorkshire Marathon , and its far too late in the day to cram lots of long runs in (even if my leg was up for it), I am going to try and start to enjoy myself again!  

So I am going to run or swim or cycle depending on what I feel like doing, and will go as far and as fast as I want!  Basically I am going to exercise for fun NOT to run a marathon!


I'm not sure when I will be back running again mind you!  

My leg is much better today and I have even started the practice of rollering using my foam roller that has been lurking in the back of my cupboard for about 18 months!  I bought it off the internet one Saturday night after a few glasses of wine when it seemed such a good idea!  Once it arrived I thought "Yeah, but what am I supposed to do with it?" and I stuck it in the cupboard until I dusted it off today!

I am prepeared to try anything to ease the stiffness and pain!  You never know something might just work! I have researched the internet and have watched many you tube videos to try and work out what to do with this torture foam roller!

I have followed the advice and exercises showed and I must admit rollering has been slightly painful in places! With all the grunts and groans escaping me whilst doing it I am beginning to wonder what my teenagers are imagining is going on behind my bedroom door!

Enjoying myself from now on is my training priority and if I run a race well in the process that will be an added bonus!



No comments:

Post a Comment