"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: More ramblings from an injured runner!

Thursday 29 August 2013

More ramblings from an injured runner!

You are probably fed up reading about how I can't run, cycle or walk - well too be honest I'm fed up of rambling on about not being able to do it!  

Actually I think I am going stir crazy!

I am now into day 5 of "rest" and it isn't going down very well! 

I tried a short walk into town yesterday, I was fine getting there but struggled coming home.  I wanted to sit down on the kerb and cry - but thought I might get carted off if I did that, so continued at a snails pace bearing the pain!

Today hasn't been a good day, the lack of exercise is getting to me! 

There is nothing wrong (except the pain obviously) but I get so upset when I hear or read about someone else running!  I feel like having a major tantrum and screaming "It's not fair!"

Anyhow, by 5 O Clock I had had enough so I decided to brave going for a gentle swim.  I bargained with my thigh and promised I would be gentle on it and use a pull buoy so it could just drag behind me like the useless leg it is!

I couldn't believe it when I hobbled into the pool and there was only 2 other swimmers in!  Where was everyone? Is everyone injured or just bloody lazy?! It hasn't even been a hot day so I have no idea!

Anyhow, with the pull buoy clasped firmly between my thighs I set off down the pool using just my arms.  

My arms had a good workout, and it was nice being able to concentrate on my pull and breathing without thinking about what my legs were doing! I managed 60 lengths or 0.93 miles or 1500 meters and didn't feel any ill effects in my thigh or my ankle!  Fingers crossed it will stay that way!

Depending on how the pain is tomorrow i might try another swim or another little walk! I really can't sit around doing nothing without going insane! 

It's amazing how much better I feel just by having an hours swim!

STAY POSITIVE!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment