"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Losing my marbles?

Thursday 10 October 2013

Losing my marbles?

After really enjoying a swimming session last night and still being on a high after finally getting faster at front crawl I have decided that in 2014 I want to attempt an open water swim!

YIKES!  Did I really just say that?

YES! I WILL SWIM SOMEWHERE OTHER THAN A POOL!

Since I first started swimming with an eye on doing a triathlon I have gone from doing 100 metres in 7 minutes 27 seconds in October 2012 to doing 100 metres in 2 minutes 40 seconds in October 2013! 

I never would have believed I could improve so substantially in just a year so give me another 6 months or so and I might just have the confidence to don a wetsuit and leave the safety of the pool!!! 

Feeling very excited at the prospect of doing something I vowed I would never do!!!

I haven't dared to admit this new longing to my nearest and dearest just yet as they might just have me committed!!!

Tonight I managed 2 miles totally pain free on the dreaded treadmill!

Life's good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment