"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: WOW! What a weekend!

Sunday 13 October 2013

WOW! What a weekend!

On Friday morning I decided I had done enough "thinking about" another Marathon and got on and booked one before I could change my mind! 

So on 6th April 2014 I am now doing The Greater Manchester Marathon (injuries willing that is!).  Join me and enter here! 

Then to add to the excitement on Friday evening I booked with 2 friends to run Barcelona Half Marathon in February Half Term AND booked the flights and hotel too! 

Too put it bluntly I'm P***ing glitter! 

On Saturday morning I decided I had best get some running practise in since I am now committed to another marathon and was delighted to manage a 7.29 mile run without any pain which is the longest run since my injury 8 weeks ago!  I am chuffed to bits with that! 

You can view this here! 

I am not sure where I went wrong during this recent bout of injury prone training but I am determined not to repeat and hopefully make it to Manchester strong and injury free!

Its that dreaded "O" word I need to avoid! 

That's "O" for overtraining not anything else may I add - unless its the night before the marathon and I'm under "parc fermé conditions"!

No comments:

Post a Comment