"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Where have I been?

Saturday 19 October 2013

Where have I been?

The only problem with getting back into exercise after injury is I don't seem to have the time to blog anymore!

Whilst injured I had nothing else to do but whinge on my blog about missing exercise - now I am back exercising I'm going to whinge about missing blogging!!! 

I know, I know a typical woman never satisfied!

So what have I been doing in the past week?

On Monday night I went to the Tri Club Swimming Session where we all got our individual critical swim speed.  We did several warm-up lengths before doing a build up 400m set.  Then we started the 400m time trial, after this we did an easy 250m swim set, before the 200m time trial.  More swimming went on after this but the outcome of the test is my CSS is 2:23.  So what does this mean? Well as far as I can make out I need to train at this pace per 100m to get faster!  I'm sure it is far more technical than that but that's enough for me to start with!

On Tuesday I went for a short run and decided to incorporate a few hills in to try and push my fitness up even though I was keeping low mileage!  I felt fairly good and confident during this run and the hills didn't faze me too much! You can see the run here!

On Wednesday I went back to the pool and did some length endurance swimming. I managed 4 sets of 20 with 1 min rest in between. Which is  80 x 25m lengths totalling 2000 metres (if my maths is right!). 

Set 1 I did in 12 Min's 16 secs, set 2 in 12:46, set 3 in 12.09 and set 4 in 12.36.  I was pleased that I manged to keep a fairly consistent speed but I forgot about my CSS! These are the details downloaded from my pool mate watch!


On Thursday I went for a good stretch at Pilate's! I walked the mile there and ran the mile home! There was an awful lot of abs exercises and core strength work in the class and my muscles are still muttering about it even now some 2 days later! Hopefully I will end up with ripped abs sometime in the future!

On Friday I was so inspired by my current read about how to swim faster that I couldn't resist going to the pool to give it a whirl!

I had 2:23 penned on my hand to remind me to swim (or try to) at this speed!  After reading all about swimming faster I decided to do 20 sets of 100m totalling 2000metres.  I was resting for approx 30 seconds between each set which in hindsight I think was too long!  I didn't find it as difficult to keep to my CSS as I had anticipated but I think this is probably why!  I had made it inadvertently easier!  These are the details downloaded from my pool mate watch!


When you compare the stats you can see I had a lot more rest during the CSS session than the previous one!  Next time I will have to experiment with shorter rests!

Today, Once it had stopped raining I went for a long run!  After a heavy late night with a Chinese take away and too much alcohol I wasn't expecting to feel great during this run and guess what ... I DIDN'T!  

However, I still managed 8.44 slow but fairly hilly miles.  I had to do a lot of stern talking to myself to keep me going, and in the last mile or so my ankle started grumbling!  I decided at this point to return home and not to push my luck! You can view this run here!

Tonight I am out partying so it's a good job its rest day tomorrow!  My legs, arms, shoulders and abs are all delighted at the prospect of no further suffering tomorrow, although I dare say it might be my head's turn!

One day I might turn into a proper athlete and treat my body with the respect it deserves!  But in the meantime I'm having fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment