"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Week One complete!

Sunday 24 November 2013

Week One complete!

Need to get on top of this blogging lark.  I used to be so good but now I just don't seem to have the time!

On Wednesday I went to Yoga again. I got into - correction -
"tried" to get into all the positions and really enjoyed the stretch, and was amazed at just how much more you can stretch once you hold the position! 

I especially enjoyed the relaxation session at the end - I'm sure I fell asleep as I can't recall anything she said!  I hope I wasn't snoring or dribbling, how embarrassing would that be!

On Thursday I decided to go on the treadmill and did 3 miles of speed intervals! Speed and I don't really connect but if I keep trying maybe one day my legs will get the idea!  Although I was knackered I felt a huge sense of achievement that I actually kept to the intervals planned.  I'm going to try and fit a speed session in each week! Watch this space!

I had a well deserved rest day on Friday ... well apart from strutting my stuff at the school disco that is!

Yesterday I conquered 2 Wainwrights! 

Just 2 baby ones to try out my new walking boots, I didn't want to go too far if I was going to be crippled! I walked 5.38 miles and not a blister in sight!  

One happy bunny and 2 happy feet! 

We can now tick Ling Fell and Sale Fell from our long "to do" list! 

Views of Bassenthwaite Lake


At the top of Sale fell

At the top of  Ling Fell

This morning I went running with a running buddy who I haven't run with in a long long time!  

Someone up there was plotting against us! 

She was injured, then I was injured, then she was injured and then I was injured ... finally we are both fit and healthy again simultaneously! 

We agreed to meet at 10am this morning, and managed a 10K run. 

I found it quite difficult but I don't think a huge Chinese meal washed down with wine last night really helped the situation! That combined with trying to hold a conversation without hyperventilating made it more challenging than usual!  

Anyhow, I somehow managed to keep up, kept breathing and really enjoyed running with someone again! You can view our run here.

This afternoon I took my new boots out for another outing and did a 2.79 mile walk.  It was a cold but clear crisp day, which gave some fabulous views! 

So far so good!  Only 13 running miles this week but plenty of cross training.  I am determined not to run myself ragged running! I will listen to my body and do what it dictates!

Roll on week 2!


No comments:

Post a Comment