"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: HAPPY FRIDAY AND HAPPY MATCH DAY!

Friday 20 December 2013

HAPPY FRIDAY AND HAPPY MATCH DAY!

I have had a very busy day today and now feel fit to drop!

I got up and finally decorated my Christmas cake!  

My only problem now is how do I store it?  I don't have a tall storage box! It look like I will have to get crafty with the cling film or foil!

Step 1
End result!

Next, after tidying the devastation that was the kitchen came a visit to the mad house Aka Asda,  to get as much of the Christmas shop as I could! Once home and it was all put away I was in definite need of a de-stress so got changed into my running gear and hit the streets.

My legs weren't as willing as my head or my heart!  I think they were still recovering from yesterdays long run, however I over-ruled them and persuaded them they could run despite the wind and cold and I managed to go 5.53 miles @ an average 9:29 minute mile pace. 

Not quite the 9 min mile pace I was aiming for but considering I had already taken part in "trolley wars" in Asda and I did do a long run yesterday so it wasn't too bad!


Coincidentally as soon as I got home I got a FB message through telling me I had finally been matched with a child from the "I run 4" site! 

The idea is a child or adult with additional needs (who cannot physically run themselves) gets matched with a runner and they encourage and support each other through the good and bad times! 

You can find out more about "I run 4"  here!

Anyhow, my match is with a gorgeous 3 year old little girl with huge brown eyes called Miss Haddie who lives in Wahiawa, Hawaii! 

This adds an interesting dimension as we are on completely different time zones, hence why I have posted the 2 clocks on my side bar to remind me what time it is for Haddie!

If anyone is going to encourage and motivate me to reach my sub 4 marathon goal and to complete a sprint triathlon it's going to be this little girl!

I run 4 Haddie - who do you run 4?





No comments:

Post a Comment