"} Get a life, Get active! By Fit Lesley: Ouch!

Thursday 19 December 2013

Ouch!

Today was the first day of the Christmas Holidays and before I got bogged down with Christmas chores I decided to go for a run!

My marathon training plan always has long runs on a Saturday or Sunday but as I have a busy weekend partying and I have done enough running with a hangover in recent weeks I decided to do my long run today instead! My plan stated a 10 miler.

The forecast said it was dry all morning until 12 midday, so by 9.30am I was heading out the door to beat the rain!

However, I was less than a mile in when the heavens opened and I was bombarded with golf ball size hailstones!  

They actually stung as they pelted my delicate little body and face - I wanted to run shouting OW! OW! OW! 

Thankfully it only lasted about 15 minutes but it left the ground white and rather slippery.  I ran cautiously to avoid falling! Once the hail went the wind arrived - gale force in my opinion!

All in all it was a hard run but I managed 10.46 miles at an average 9:51 minute mile pace!

Luckily for me no sooner had I got home when the forecasted rain arrived early and it was torrential!  I was so pleased to be inside looking out!

Then this afternoon I went for a Sports Massage! 

It is the first time that I have seen my Physio for a general maintenance massage! For the past year I have had so many injuries I have only seen him when I needed him to put me back together again (which has been on a monthly basis!).

It was a nice change not to be in agony in his hands, that was until he decided to treat my tight hip felxors!  I am sure legs are not supposed to go in such positions! However if it prevents injury I am willing to suffer a little!


No comments:

Post a Comment